Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Birthday!



Ava celebrated her 4th birthday on June 10th. On the morning of her birthday our family picked up her friend Jacob and went to Hy-Vee. Each of the kids got to pick out a doughnut and we ate them in the cafe. They thought it was pretty cool. On Thursday we were in Sioux Falls and had a party at Grandma Sherri's house. Ava made her own cake and had a blast doing it. All I did was put the cake in the oven and frost it. The cake was pink with pink frosting and was decorated with sprinkles and all different kinds of pretty shoes, lipstick, purses, and princesses. When we were taking the cake to grandma's she informed me that if we dropped it her birthday would be ruined. Needless to say, I was very careful with the cake. We are so glad to have Ava as part of our family. I hope she had a very happy day!

5 comments:

Mandi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!!!! Sorry we missed it. Love you guys.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Ave! Wish we could have been there, your cake looks fantastic!

Megan said...

Thanks for your comments, Jess! We wish we could come play with you guys more often! We're excited to see you at Christmas!

Megan said...

Hi, Jessica! Happy Birthday to Joseph today! I hope you guys are having fun! Thanks for keeping up on my blog. I'm not very good at responding to comments, but I do appreciate them.

Megan said...

Hi, Jessica, I was talking to my mom yesterday when she got Ava & Joseph's letter. She said they wanted some mail so I had Sandy draw a picture for them and mailed them each one. Hopefully you'll get them soon. Take care!