Sunday, October 26, 2008

Joseph's Lungs

Well, Joseph was in the ER again yesterday. We found out this summer that he has asthma and he was put on an inhaled daily steroid. It is supposed to help keep inflammation of the passageways down.....I don't know if it's working. We were in just last month with breathing problems and the doctor said he had asthmatic bronchitis. This time I guess it was just another flare up. The ER doc said to speak with his pediatrician about trying a different inhaled steroid to see if it works better. I feel sorry for the poor boy. Each time he goes in he gets a shot of decadron(steroid) and has x-rays done. It scares him pretty bad. Yesterday while he was getting x-rays done I asked if he wanted a double cheeseburger and french fries from McDonalds. He calmed down and said "yeah". A cheeseburger always cheers him up!

2 comments:

Brosita said...

Oh- so sorry to hear he has to deal with this so young in life. My 4 year old nephew is going through this too.

Cute Blog Jessica! yea- I can check up on you now.

Sarah said...

Poor little buddy. I hope he feels better soon and your Dr can figure that out. It's no fun with a kiddo that can't breath for either one of you.