Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our Anniversary


Sam and I finally got to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. Our actual date was on April 23rd but with 3 kids and Sam in school, we weren't able to do anything until this past Saturday. My parents came to Vermillion and watched the kids for us so we could go to he Winter Quarters Temple down in Omaha. We haven't been there together since the day we were married. It was different than the last time we were there. Much less anxiety and nervousness.

We did an endowment session for my great-grandparents and afterword we did a sealing for them. On the way out I told Sam "Now they are happily married." His response, "Weren't they already?" Well, at least now it's for eternity.

After the temple we drove to Sioux City and had dinner at Perkins. Funny that's where I picked to go even though we had a million choices. I just really wanted some chicken strips and banana cream pie. Sam was glad to have a variety to choose from. Usually I drag him to mexican restaurants where the only thing he will eat is the chicken strips. He's kinda picky. This time he got a steak and shrimp platter with mac'n cheese and wildberry pie. Typical Sam Bair food.

Anyway, I'm blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive husband. He works hard at school and takes good care of us. I really depend on him for sanity and stability. I hope he still wants to be married to me 50 years from now!

2 comments:

Megan said...

That sounds like a nice anniversary, Happy Anniversary!

Brosita said...

I love that picture of you guys. I am glad you had a special day. Wish we could have eaten at perkins with you...yum!