Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beat the energy out of those kids Dad


Gosh, we had some really crappy weather last week. It had to happen during spring break too when everyone was out of school. The kids were restless, and grumpy. We couldn't go outside and I didn't want to drag them out in the cold to go to the dome, so we had to come up with something fun to do at home. Sam suggested he build a wrestling ring in the living room and "beat the kids up". He brought out our queen mattress and the kids 2 twin mattresses and set them up. The kids all had a blast tag teaming on dad. Ava brought out pillows. She holds them in front of her and BASHES into Sam as hard as she can and knocks him down. Joseph likes to do it too. It was a good way to get out some pent up energy. We left the mattresses out and after dinner the kids got to "jump on the beds". SO, if you have some crazy kids, try this out!



2 comments:

Claire said...

that looks like a lot of fun! If I tried it, I'd put an eye out! Rejeanne has taken to climbing into Cyrus' crib and jumping around in there. She doesn't seem to care if he is in it or not! I might have to put a mattress in her room!

Brooks Family said...

This is not exactly what I imagined when you told me about this activity...but this way is safer. It reminds me of those blow up toys at fairs and carnivals. I bet everyone had a lot of fun beatign up on Dad.