Sunday, March 15, 2009

Girl from the 1800's...




Well a few weeks ago, Bianca studied Laura Ingalls Wilder at school. Everyone was supposed to dress up in clothes from that time period. Of course I don't have a bunch of bonnets on hand, so I decided to make one. I, not knowing anything about sewing, thought it would be a snap to slap together. But it turned out a bit harder than I thought. Sam and his mom talked me through it and Brenda also assisted me in reading the directions for the pattern. After recruiting all those people to explain the pattern to me, I finally got the bonnet finished. I am quite proud of the finished product and should be able to do the next one completely on my own with no explainations. It turned out really cute and can actually be unbuttoned on the sides and turned into an apron.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Considering you needed all that help, it sure doesn't look like it! I think that bonnet looks very well done! I love that it can turn into an apron. Any chance you will share which pattern that is??

Megan said...

Looks great! Good job!