Monday, March 16, 2009

Makin' a Pinata



Recently we saw some of our friends at Wal-mart and they were purchasing a pinata for a birthday party. My kids really wanted one too, but we refused to pay $15 just for the heck of it. Sam said we should just make one. So, we did. We all had a lot of fun. We made our own paste out of flour, water and sugar and picked up some newspapers at the broadcaster. After letting the kids deliberately tear up a bunch of paper, we got our hands gooey gluing all the paper to a big balloon. We let it dry for a few days, then the kids and I painted it different colors and hung streamers on. We can't wait to fill it with candy and crack it open. Maybe we'll do it on Easter since it's the shape of an egg!


3 comments:

Claire said...

I probably shouldn't admit this publicly, but your pinata looks kinda like me (if I had a mustache and a sunburn) You should fill it with those plastic eggs and candy. Then when it breaks open it would be like easter shrapnel.

Brooks Family said...

Such a great idea. It inspires me to make one for Easter too.

Megan said...

What a fun idea!